For Adults: These petitions are filed on behalf of individuals over 18 who need assistance in making life decisions and/or assistance in caring for themselves. In some cases, a guardian may also need to seek permission from the Court in order to obtain, or to have the incapacitated person take, psychotropic medication.

For Children: These petitions are filed by adults who seek to care for a minor child. Having legal guardianship of a child allows the guardian to obtain medical care for the child and to make decisions about the child’s care and custody.

In 2018, Attorney Runge spoke about the guardianship process on Franklin TV. See a clip from that presentation here.

comforting hands

CONTACT ME to discuss your case.